Campfire Hash Recipe
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 40 min.
MAKES: 6 servings
• 1 large onion, chopped
• 2 tablespoons canola oil
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 4 large potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 2 pounds)
• 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, halved and sliced
• 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
• 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
1. In a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat, cook and stir onion in oil under tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add potatoes. Cook, uncovered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add kielbasa; cook and stir until meat and potatoes are tender and browned, about 10-15 minutes. Stir in chilies and corn; heat through.Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Campfire Hash in Country Extra July 1993, p47